Sunday, May 31, 2009

Blogathon!

I haven't done one of these before, but I'm a sucker for Japanese film and there are a couple of Seijun Suzuki movies out on DVD this month that I haven't seen, so I think there's a certain amount of serendipity going on.


Also, my series on Robert Aldrich will resume in a couple of days, probably featuring Vera Cruz, although I've watched several other films that I could plug in. This project doesn't have a timetable, so I'm fine with occasional long layoffs. I just didn't expect one so soon after I started.

Finally, I'd like to give a shout out to The Horror of It All, which is new to my blogroll. I never intended to stick exclusively to movies, and here's an awesome comics site that features wonderfully salacious pre-Comics Code horror comics that have fallen into the public domain. Comics and horror were my first love when it comes to pop culture, so I'll probably feature more of this stuff as time goes on. In any case, I'm reminded of what Berni Wrightson said to me when I met him at a comics convention many years ago and presented him with a copy of Swamp Thing #6 to sign for me. With a twinkle in his eye, he said, "You know, this stuff will rot your brain." I'll pass that thought on in regards to The Horror of It All, which is high praise, sez I.

2 comments:

DeAnna said...

I may have to join in on that blog-a-thon. Although, SIFF will have just ended and I'm 10 or so films behind keeping up the SIFF blogging.

But year one Japanese will be over by then and I have an ever growing list of Japanese cinema I need to see. And another list of films that I need to watch again and again.

Vulnavia Morbius said...

Please join! I'd love to see it! I don't see enough of you online.